Friday, November 30, 2012

Because

I trust Jesus because "See, I have not forgotten you. I have inscribed you on the palm of My hand" (Isaiah 49:16).

I do not fear the future because "I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you, for I am the Lord your God" (Isaiah 43:1-3).

I look to God for contentment because "in Your presence is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11).

I believe what God says because "God is not a man, that He should like, nor a son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make good?" (Numbers 23:19).

I choose to see reality because "who many abide in Your tabernacle?...He who walks uprightly, works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart" (Psalm 15:1-2).

I despise shame because "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame" (Hebrews 12:1-2).

I press through because "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You...As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring, the rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength, each one appears before God" (Psalm 84:5-7).

I remember what He's done because "His faithfulness will be my shield" (Psalm 91:4).

I have hope because "Even to your old age, I am He, and even to your gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry and will deliver you" (Isaiah 46:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment